AILACTD-L Archives

November 2017

AILACTD-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
James Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AILACT DISCUSSION LIST <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2017 17:13:16 -0500
Dear AILACT Membership and Friends,

The entire slate put forward by the Nominating Committee has been elected by acclamation. The slate consists of  Lilian Bermejo Luque for President, Steven Patterson for Vice President, and Don Hatcher for Treasurer, along with Dona Warren, Mark Weinstein, John Casey, Gabrijela Kisicek, Michael Scriven, Dima Mohammed, and Maurice Finocchiaro as Trustees at Large. I shall also be an ex officio member of the Board as Immediate Past President.
          According to the AILACT Constitution, if a person nominated for the Board runs unopposed, that person shall elected by acclamation. The Nominating Committee put forward ten names. There were no nominations from the floor to challenge any of the candidates. So there is no need this year to have an election by ballot. I have already sent my congratulations to the  incoming Board. I am very happy with the slate the Nominating Committee, Scott Aikin, Dona Warren, and Tom Fischer, assembled. The incoming Board will include a nice cross section of newer or younger members of AILACT, together those who have served AILACT for some time. There are four women and six men. There are four members from outside the United States, including three from Europe.  I hope you'll join with me in sending  congratulations to the new Board.

Best,
James Freeman
President, AILACT