ICIT-ANNOUNCE-L Archives

January 2008

ICIT-ANNOUNCE-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Frank Steen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Frank Steen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2008 10:28:26 -0500
Last week we sent out two notices about today's (Sunday's) big email outage. We needed to
install a new shelf and disks in our SAN and the vendor we worked with said we needed to
install upgrades to sequentially our multiple processors. The sequential installs and various
risks caused them to tell us that the outage would take at least 12 hours to complete. We
announced it for 14 hours just to be on the safe side. As it turned out our staff was able to
do the upgrades concurrently and the risk situations that were probable did not materialize.
As a result email was out only from 4:00 am to 7:30 am. The rest of Sunday is now back
online for email -- which is why you are getting this note.

Frank Steen