MEDIANYC-L Archives

March 2018, Week 1

MEDIANYC-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
"Lisa M. George" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
NYC Media Economics Seminar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2018 17:19:40 -0500
Everyone,

Please see the message below from Emilio Calvano regarding a June conference in Sardinia.

Lisa

******

Dear all,

we are writing to invite you to submit a paper to the Media Economics sessions of the IXth Annual Workshop on Institutions, Individual Behavior and Economic Outcomes. The Workshop will be held in Alghero (Sardinia island, Italy) on Thursday June 21 and Friday, June 22 2018. It is an opportunity to present research papers and work in progress in front of a selected audience in a laid-back environment.

We welcome theoretical and applied submissions with particular emphasis on the effects of digitisation and new technologies (algorithms, artificial intelligence, big data, social media) on market and non market outcomes. The deadline for submission is the 15th of March. (http://www.lebaf.uniss.it/workshop/Home.html).

Hal Varian (Google) kindly accepted to be our keynote speaker.

The venue is located in the historical city center of Alghero on the northwest corner of Sardinia, 10 minutes away from the closest Fertilia airport.
We are looking forward to seeing you in Alghero!

Emilio Calvano, Elias Carroni and Dimitri Paolini