NFS-L Archives

October 2020

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Diane Brows <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 2020 21:03:35 +0000
This is a general volunteer position unrelated to major internship/practicum.
(from the goodness of one's heart.)
If have the time, zoom knowledge and interest, email Fiona at Senior Planet, a U.S. non-profit with activities for those 60 and over:

Subject: Virtual Volunteer Opportunity!

We're looking for volunteers!
 <https://seniorplanet.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=61ca89833a6a4180db0721be1&id=a4cdd2b1b0&e=20f0c2c847>

Senior Planet is partnering with the City of New York on an exciting project to bring internet-connected devices and training to older residents living in New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) communities - and we need your help!

We are looking for volunteers who are familiar with Zoom videoconferencing to help us:

*	Call NYCHA residents who have signed up for training to remind them about upcoming classes.
*	Provide NYCHA residents with a refresher on how to open the Zoom app and enter a meeting ID.
*	Volunteers will be provided with a tablet and a call script. They will also be trained to use Aircall, our call-center platform, and Google sheets to help track their calls.
*	Volunteers should plan to be available for a six-month commitment.

We are looking for English and Spanish speakers to help make calls on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday mornings during the following timeslots:

*	Wednesday: 10:30 am - 12:30 pm (2 Spanish speakers)
*	Thursday: 9:00 am - 11:00 am (1 English speaker and 2 Spanish speakers)
*	Friday: 9:30 am - 11:30 am (2 English speakers)

Why you should do it:

*	Senior Planet volunteers are key to our success in helping thousands of older NYCHA residents use their new device!
*	You will be helping older adults stay connected during a time of physical distancing.
*	You will receive a tablet to use for the duration of your volunteer work.
*	You will really be making a difference.
*	It’s engaging and you will be helping others in a safe way!

Interested in volunteering with us?

Email Fiona Adams at [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>  to volunteer!

https://hunter.listserv.cuny.edu/Scripts/wa-hc.exe?SUBED1=NFS-L