NFS-L Archives

February 2014

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2014 22:46:16 +0000
_______________________________________
From: Michael F. Jacobson, CSPI [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 5:42 PM
To: Arlene Spark
Subject: Nutrition Facts 2.0

Are you having trouble viewing this message? Click here<http://t.congressweb.com/w/?EEGDRQHDMR>

[https://www.congressplus.com/userfiles/708/CSPI_Logo_RGB1.gif] [https://www.congressplus.com/userfiles/708/Facebook-CSPI-Icon.gif] <http://t.congressweb.com/l/?EEGDRQHDMRHSEIZ>       [https://www.congressplus.com/userfiles/708/Twitter-CSPI-Icon.gif] <http://t.congressweb.com/l/?EEGDRQHDMRMGBVI>

Did you examine a Nutrition Facts label today?

CSPI's decade-long campaign won the federal law requiring Nutrition Facts labels on packaged foods, which took effect in 1994.  The labels have only had one major change since their adoption—a line for trans fat added in 2006.  It’s time for some updates!

I’m pleased to announce “Nutrition Facts 2.0,” a discussion hosted by CSPI focused on improving the next generation of Nutrition Facts labels with a panel of experts, and invite you to be a part of it.

You’re invited to watch the live webcast on Wednesday, February 26 from 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. EST<http://t.congressweb.com/l/?EEGDRQHDMRONOER> and submit your questions on Twitter using the hashtag #NutritionFacts.

I’ll be chatting with nonprofit and food industry leaders, including the designer of the original Nutrition Facts panel. Our event comes just as the Food and Drug Administration and the White House are expected to publish proposed revisions to Nutrition Facts labels on Thursday.

I hope you can make it.

Sincerely,

Michael F. Jacobson, Ph.D.
Executive Director
Center for Science in the Public Interest

cspinet.org<http://t.congressweb.com/l/?EEGDRQHDMRSYYEU>

Forward to a Friend<http://t.congressweb.com/f/?EEGDRQHDMR>