NFS-L Archives

April 2019

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Diane Brows <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2019 17:39:26 +0000
The Rockowitz Writing Center (main campus) offers workshops at no charge, to support Hunter students with various aspects of their academic writing. Workshops are held Wednesday afternoons at 1:15pm, Wednesday evenings at 5:35pm, and Tuesday afternoons at 12:30pm at the RWC, in the East building room 704.

Wednesday, May 1, 1:15pm
The Personal Statement. In this workshop, we’ll focus on to applying academic writing skills to one of the most important pieces of writing a student will ever do: the personal statement for an application to graduate school or a scholarship.

Wednesday, May 1, 5:35pm
Proofreading. In this workshop, we’ll focus on some tips for reviewing writing at the sentence level, and for improving correctness, clarity, and style.

Tuesday, May 7, 12:30pm
Citation & Documentation. In this workshop, we’ll focus on how to integrate your sources, and how to cite them in a variety of academic styles including MLA, APA, and Chicago Manual of Style.

Wednesday, May 8, 1:15pm
Proofreading

For more information about these workshops, or to see the complete workshop schedule, visit  http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/rwc/workshops

https://hunter.listserv.cuny.edu/Scripts/wa-hc.exe?SUBED1=NFS-L