NFS-L Archives

January 2014

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 2014 16:00:50 +0000
Do your members of Congress support more access to affordable organic, healthy food? What about more farmers' markets and healthier food in your local schools?

To find out, check out Food Policy Action's 2013 National Food Policy Scorecard.<http://action.ewg.org/salsa/track.jsp?v=2&c=rCNvwF9d0m1NSTIg9JOZrISthgCxnYQ%2B> It scores members of Congress on critical floor votes related to our food.

Food Policy Action is the only organization that grades federal lawmakers on votes that affect food and farm policies. I'm thrilled to join luminaries such as Chef Tom Colicchio and organics pioneer Gary Hirshberg as a founding board member of this initiative. Before FPA, consumers like you had been voting only with your pocketbooks to demand safe and affordable food. Now you can have the information you need to vote for lawmakers who have stood with you, not with big food or industrial agriculture.

In the interactive scorecard you can search for lawmakers, learn more about key votes and see who is a Food Failure or a Food Champion.

Click here to find out if your lawmakers made the grade in the 2013 National Food Policy Scorecard.<http://action.ewg.org/salsa/track.jsp?v=2&c=nT4clJaHxy6VDUUYTahFjoSthgCxnYQ%2B>

The scorecard is based on six Senate votes and 13 House votes that affect food issues.

The votes cover hunger, farm subsidies, food labeling and food aid. While other national organizations have graded lawmakers on various federal policy issues, no group has ever analyzed recorded votes on specific legislative actions concerning food. On the 2013 scorecard, 87 members of Congress scored a perfect 100.

Click here to see how your elected representatives scored and to learn more about key policies on which they voted.<http://action.ewg.org/salsa/track.jsp?v=2&c=A7j2aAlREtKR52JOfJMk%2BISthgCxnYQ%2B>

Working together, we can fix our nation's broken food policies. Knowing how our elected officials have voted is only the beginning.

Sincerely,
[https://donate.ewg.org/images/ewg_sig.gif]
Ken Cook
President, EWG Action Fund

Contact Us<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | Copyright 2012, EWG Action Fund. All Rights Reserved.