NFS-L Archives

March 2014

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Diane Brows <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2014 14:26:59 +0000
-----Original Message-----
From: SECUSS-L Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tara George-Jones
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2014 8:52 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: PROG: STUDY ABROAD IN VIETNAM AND CAMBODIA WITH WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY

Please share with interested students:

Dear Student:

You are being sent this email in the hope that perhaps you might be interested in traveling to Vietnam and Cambodia for a course on Social Work and Community Health Services In Vietnam and Cambodia.  While in Vietnam you will take part in a Social Work Institute attended by professionals from across Vietnam as well as students and social service works.  This exposure will give you a window into the world of what it would be like to work in Vietnam and address social concerns and community health issues.  While in Cambodia we look at the issue of human trafficking.  In addition to examining social work and public health issues we also visit a number of cultural venues in Vietnam and Cambodia.

This course is open to both graduate and undergraduate students.  Undergraduates may receive 6 credits of elective and graduates may receive 3 credits.  There are no prerequisites for this course and you do not have to be a social work major to enroll.  Students from other universities are accepted. This course is particularly relevant for social work, anthropology, sociology, political science, public health, and nursing majors.

Below is the West Virginia University's Office of International Programs web page where you can read more about the course and begin the application process.    If you have questions give me a call or text me.  My cell number is listed below.  You may also contact the WVU Office of International Programs at 304-293-6955.

HERE is THE WEB LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION AND ENROLLING:

Graduate:
https://studyabroad.wvu.edu/index.cfm?FuseAction=Programs.ViewProgram&Program_ID=920

Undergrad:
https://studyabroad.wvu.edu/index.cfm?FuseAction=Programs.ViewProgram&Program_ID=921

DO YOU HAVE A PASSPORT?  If not we need to get you started on that.  Please email me back or give me a call or text me.  My cell number is listed below.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Neal

Neal A. Newfield, Ph.D., LICSW
Associate Professor
School of Social Work
Box 6830, Knapp Hall Rm. 105
West Virginia University
Morgantown, WV 26505
Office: 1(304)293-3501
Cell: 1(304)288-4419

******SECUSS-L DISCLAIMER**********SECUSS-L DISCLAIMER***********

By subscribing to SECUSS-L each member agrees to abide by the SECUSS-L guidelines and appropriate use policies.  By posting messages to SECUSS-L the authors of said postings acknowledge that they are solely and legally responsible for any views expressed or information that they post on this public network.  Replies to the list are not allowed and such should be sent directly to those posting the message or topic of interest.

To contact the list owners email: [log in to unmask]

Message/Posting format:  plain text, no attachments.  SUBJECT line must begin with either
DISC: (for questions, discussion, etc.) or PROG: (for all forms of promotional/marketing announcements including conferences  and meetings, programs, webinars, etc.). You will NOT receive a copy of your own post unless your subscription is set up for such.  You will receive an automated acknowledgement following your post, if you do not get this please contact the list managers for further assistance, do not try to post repeatedly.