NFS-L Archives

March 2015

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Diane Brows <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 2015 20:24:32 +0000

-----Original Message-----

From: Hunter College Film and Media Studies [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bill Herman

Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2015 3:02 PM

To: [log in to unmask]

Subject: DoSomething.org: Many PAID summer internships

Exciting stuff. Get $3k plus 2 x 30 day unlimited MetroCards. MANY positions available. See:

https://www.dosomething.org/about/internships

Interns Are Important to Us

You get things done, you bring new energy, and you're often in our target demographic. So, here is what we can offer you:

Money: Heck yeah, we pay our college interns. (And we think it's crappy that other companies don’t!)

Real responsibility: You will report to one person, have your own projects with clear goals, and be reviewed. No coffee runs here; the work you do will matter.

Fun: This matters. Check out our Culture Book.

Growth: You'll be invited to our Wednesday morning innovation meeting and have tons of learning opportunities.

You need to be here in NYC with us. No remote internships. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. You can also check out our high school internships.

Summer Paid Internships

General Requirements:

•	Able to travel to our New York City office.

•	Committed to working full time from June 1-August 7

•	Self starter – ability to work well alone and with others.

•	Passionate about young people changing the world, committed to social change.

•	A member of DoSomething.org

•	Love the DoSomething.org culture and can work with a quirky, close-knit team (we mean it!).

Compensation:

•	$3,000 stipend and/or school credit

•	Two 30-day unlimited MetroCards for travel

•	The chance to work in a super fun and positive work environment

Additionally:

We offer five $1000 additional need-based housing stipends to help support interns who are not based in NYC. To apply for the housing stipend, please include your most recent FAFSA or tax return with your application.

If all of this fits you or someone you know, please by apply by April 3rd. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis – first come, first served! No late or incomplete applications will be accepted. Be creative (we like videos and proper spelling and grammar)!

Available Positions:

•	Business Development Intern

•	Digital Content Intern

•	International Intern

•	Tech Wizard Intern

•	TMI Intern

•	Marketing/PR Intern

•	Campaigns Intern

•	Game Developer Intern

•	Back-End Developer Intern

•	Finance Intern

•	Member Experience Intern

•	Data Analystics/Science Intern

So apply already!

Best,

Bill

___________________________________

Tell your friends! The new web address for the Hunter Film & Media internship program is:

http://InternshipNYC.net

Bill D. Herman, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor

Hunter College Dept. of Film & Media Studies Room 501A HN (go through two other doors to get to my office) http://billyherman.com [log in to unmask]

347-987-1538 (Google Voice)

Twitter: @shoutingloudly

Office Hours: Mon 2:30 – 4:00, Wed 5:30 – 7:00, Thu 2:30 – 3:30. and by appointment Virtual meetings available, too — Skype, Hangouts, and more

If you wish to unsubscribe from the FM-L List, please send an E-mail to:

"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF FM-L".