NFS-L Archives

March 2014

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2014 20:17:39 +0000
Bronx Health REACH and the Partnership for a Healthier NYC are working together to increase the redemption rates of WIC Vegetable & Fruit checks (V&F checks) at farmers’ markets through the creation of new promotional materials. We are hosting focus groups in English and Spanish in Queens, the South Bronx, and Harlem with WIC recipients over the age of 18 to learn more about their experience shopping for fruits and vegetables and why they may or may not use WIC V&F checks and other vouchers at farmers’ markets. Additionally,  we would like to get their feedback on different materials that promote benefits programs at farmers markets, including having participants tell us which parts of the materials they like best and what information is most useful to them as a consumer. To express our appreciation for their time, each participant will receive a $25 gift card at the conclusion of the 90 minute session.

In the Bronx, there will be a focus group on March 26th from 9:30AM-11AM at the Walton Family Health Center (1894 Walton Avenue, 2nd Floor, Bronx NY). Please see the attached flyers for more information. Any help you can provide in spreading the word about the focus group would be greatly appreciated. Also, we can drop off hard copies at your organization. Please feel free to contact Caroline Dunn at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or 212-633-0800 ext. 1341 if you have any questions.

Finally, please remember to RSVP for the Bronx Health REACH coalition meeting on March 21st at 9:30AM at Walker Memorial Baptist Church (120 E. 169th St, Bronx, NY 10452): http://whoozin.com/WNT-WDW-XKVX We look forward to seeing you next week!

Thanks,
Emma

Emma Rodgers, MS
Program Coordinator – Partnership for a  Healthier Bronx
Bronx Health REACH / Institute for Family Health
Phone: (212) 633-0800 x1249
http://bronxhealthreach.org<http://bronxhealthreach.org/>
http://healthiernyc.org/

This encrypted message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited and the sole responsibility of the recipient.