NFS-L Archives

March 2014

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2014 18:34:35 +0000
The event described below is a good opportunity to share your nutrition savvy with teenagers in a non-threatening situation, and you will get experience thinking "on your feet" (that is, without rehearsing). You will also learn first-hand what teenagers know and what they think they know about food and nutrition

Please get in touch with Merton Wisdom at the cc above if you would like to take part in this one-time high school event.

I have a model of 5 pounds of body fat that you're welcome to borrow.  It's great for starting a dialogue. I also have about 50 test tubes that illustrate how much fat is in various foods. Just comparing the fat in whole vs skim milk is an eye-opener.

Arlene Spark, EdD, RD, FADA, FACN
Professor
CUNY School of Public Health
Hunter College and the CUNY Graduate Center