NFS-L Archives

June 2014

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2014 02:40:25 +0000
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT

The department of Family, Nutrition and Exercise Sciences at Queens College of the City University of New York (CUNY) invites applications for a full-time lecturer position starting in the Fall 2014 semester. The successful candidate will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in nutrition and dietetics and direct the Dietetic Internship program, serve on department and college-wide committees, and be committed to teaching a diverse body of urban students. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics accredited dietetic internship program and the graduate program of Nutrition and Exercise Sciences/Nutrition Specialization together have approximately 60 students.  For a complete description of the department and its programs, go to: http://qcpages.qc.edu/FNES/.  To learn more about the Dietetic Internship program, go to: https://tinyurl.com/pcqlbq9

The responsibilities for the director of Dietetic Internship program include, but are not limited to the following:
- Development of policies and procedures for effectively managing all components of the program and to ensure fair, equitable, and considerate treatment of the prospective and enrolled interns.
- Student recruitment, advisement, evaluation, and counseling.
- Maintenance of program accreditation including timely submission of fees, reports, and requests for major program changes.
- Ongoing review of program curriculum to meet accreditation standards.
- Communication and coordination with program faculty, preceptors, and others involved with the program.
- Facilitation of processes for continuous assessment of program and student learning outcomes.

QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree required.

Preferred Qualifications:
- Registered dietitian with 4 years of full-time experience strongly preferred
- Master's and/or doctoral degree in nutrition (or a closely related area) strongly preferred
- Teaching experience at college level and previous experience as a Dietetic Internship director or internship preceptor

COMPENSATION
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs.  We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.

HOW TO APPLY
Applications must include the following items:
1. Cover letter
2. One page statement of professional interest and teaching philosophy 3. Curriculum vitae including names and contact information for 3 references 4. Copies of publications (if any) and/or educational materials (if any) developed by the candidate 5. Official transcripts of all academic work 6. A minimum of 3 recommendation letters which address the candidate's ability to teach and direct the dietetic internship program

Candidates MUST submit items 1 to 4 electronically as a single document by visiting CUNY Employment website (instructions below). Applications not submitted at the CUNY website, but emailed/mailed to search committee will not be considered. Items 5 and 6 should be mailed to search committee (address below).

Instructions for submission of items 1 to 4:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search Job Postings"
- Click on "Employment Opportunities"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD ALL APPLICATION MATERIAL AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.

Address for submission of items 5 and 6:
Official transcripts and recommendation letters should be mailed to:
Dr. Sunitha Jasti
Chair, Search committee
Department of Family, Nutrition, and Exercise Sciences Queens College - CUNY
65-30 Kissena Boulevard
Flushing, NY 11367
e-mail address:  [log in to unmask]

CLOSING DATE
Open until filled with review to begin 7/02/14.

JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty

EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply.  We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.