NFS-L Archives

March 2012

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2012 21:27:38 -0400

I.  FULL-TIME POSITION AVAILABLE:  Full Time (37.5 hr) clinical dietitian position open at Jewish Home Lifecare, a 810-bed long term, subacute care facility in the Bronx, NY.  Clinically advanced practices including enteral feeding, outpatient dialysis unit, nutrition focused physical assessment, and nutrition care process.  Entry level dietitians encouraged to apply.  Great learning environment, willing to train.  Annual salary: $51,000 if RD status at time of employment.  Please call Laurie Van Cleft, MS, RD at 203-331-7568 or email resume to: [log in to unmask]   Laurie J Van Cleft, MS, RD,  Regional Clinical Nutrition Manager,  Morrison Senior Living, Viviano Region

II.  RD FOR SUB-ACUTE & LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY IN MANHATTAN:  Dietitian position available mid-May in our 362 bed facility on Manhattan’s Upper East Side.  This is a full-time position.   Responsibilities include assessment, care plan development, and MDS completion for a fast-paced sub-acute unit and with long-term care responsibilities as well.  You will work closely with the Interdisciplinary Team, attend care plan meetings with the team as well as residents and their families.  Applicants should be Registered Dietitians or RD Eligible.  LTC and MDS experience a plus.  Please forward your resume for consideration to:  [log in to unmask] or mail to: Joanne Gaffney, MS, RD, CNM, Mary Manning Walsh Home, 1339 York Avenue, New York, NY  10021

III.  Body image Community Events at The New School

• Changing Body Culture @ New School is hosting a 2-day weekend workshop that will focus on exploring our body story through creative writing, movement and body image experience. This will be an interactive experience with a focus on our body histories and exploring personal experience through creative expression and sharing.   Sat & Sun, April 14th and 15th; 11am-4pm. The New School 8 0 Fifth Ave, 3rd floor. No fee. Contact [log in to unmask] for more information and registration.

• Student body stories have begun to be posted onto the Changing Body Culture blog. Each day there will be a new student voice sharing a piece of their body story so keep checking in!

• Friday April 27th there will be a night of celebrating bodies with an installation art exhibit showcasing some of the student body stories that have been collected. More information to come!

Arlene Spark, EdD, RD, FADA, FACN

Professor of Nutrition

CUNY School of Public Health at Hunter College

2180 Third Ave (room 609)

New York, NY 10035

Subscribe to our nutr listserv, NFS-L: http://cuny.edu/site/sph/hunter-college/campus-resource

[log in to unmask] (the best way to reach me!)

If you wish to unsubscribe from the NFS-L List, please send an E-mail to:

"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF NFS-L".