NFS-L Archives

May 2014

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2014 23:21:06 +0000
Dear NUTR-MPH students:

Many of you have asked me how to register using our new CUNYFirst (CF) system. Believe me, until a few minutes ago I was as clueless as you. But, now I have some answers, and with this email I’m passing them along to you.  NB: Make sure  to read the attached Tip Sheet where you will find deadline information on the Registration portion. The office is in the process of sending the Sheet out to all students, but you have it now...

Even though your registration date posted on CF may be earlier, you will NOT be able to register until I have placed your name on our Google tally sheet (which I have done if you’ve come to see me, or we’ve corresponded about your courses through email). Then, someone in the SPH office has put in your clearance in CR.  The administration asks that you wait at least a week after your advisement session for CF clearance.

Register for classes using CF

¨     View your Registrar permitted registration start date and time for each semester via your CF home page.

¨     For Fall 2014, new matriculated students are asked to register for Summer by within one week of faculty course approval and for Fall by July 15 or earlier. Reserved seats will be held up to this time. (These dates differ from the end registration date shown on your CF page.) Email Diane Brows<mailto:[log in to unmask]> is there is a legitimate registration delay (include course number/section and your CF ID#), or if you will not register – or if you drop – any approved course – this will help us to accommodate waitlisted students.

¨     In all communications requesting registration assistance (email, phone, in-person), include your legal name, CF 8- digit CF EMPL ID number, each course number & section, block message received (if any). (This goes for your correspondence with me, too.  /as)

¨     Last day to drop classes for a full refund is one day before the start of each semester.

¨     Last day for Fall 2014 late registration additions is September 3.

You are also encouraged to visit Hunter’s “One Stop for Students” website to learn more about important deadlines:
http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/onestop

This is hot off the presses and I sincerely hope it answers all of your registration questions.