PREBUSINESS-L Archives

September 2012

PREBUSINESS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

Announcements for students exploring business careers and graduate schools <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2012 09:32:32 -0400
Welcome back to Hunter! I hope the school year is off to a good start.

We have a slew of events scheduled for the Pre-Business Program this year -- keep an eye out for future e-mails.

1) The Pre-Business Advisor will be in the office this week on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Please send an e-mail to [log in to unmask] to make an appointment. As always, other dates and times may be available. Contact me directly to arrange.

2) Brand Ambassadors needed for Organic Baking Company

Baked Better is an organic bread mix company based in Brooklyn. We are looking for outgoing and sales-oriented people with a passion for baking and healthy eating to fill a very important position at our growing company. Brand Ambassadors will conduct demos at NYC-area natural food stores, representing our do-it-yourself baking philosophy and interacting directly with customers.

We are a start-up with a love of good food. We are passionate about baking and the need to provide good, healthy food for people. Our mixes are designed so that everyone can bake bread at home. We all love the amazing smell of home-made bread coming out of our own ovens! We are growing quickly and are looking for enthusiastic individuals to grow with us and take on more responsibility.

Requirements:

*  Enjoy baking and have experience baking at home
*  Share our passion for healthy eating and living!
*  Fun, outgoing, reliable and sales-oriented
*  Previous demo experience would be great, but is not required
*  Ability to communicate our brand values and draw in all kinds of people to our demo tasting table
*  Set up demos and execute on your own (includes being on your feet for up to 4 hours)
*  Provide post-demo reports and feedback
*  Engage with the grocery team, educate store employees about the mixes, and make sure employees taste samples and know where the mixes are on the shelves
*  Be friendly, informative, and enthusiastic about our mixes!

This position is part-time and has flexible hours. You have the opportunity to work on the weekends and/or during the week.

Contact [log in to unmask] with a short paragraph about why you are a great fit, and your CV.

3) PT warehouse packer needed for small business importing Spanish cookware

From the hiring manager: I need someone who can work quickly and accurately to pack our products, plus handle all sorts of other warehouse tasks. The person needs to be reliable and honest, able to troubleshoot on his (or her!) feet, relatively strong (heavy products), very attentive (packing errors are costly), and have a serious work ethic. Hoping to find someone who will stay with us for a while.

The warehouse is in Long Island City, close to the 7 train. 20-25 hours/week, more or less.

If you know anyone who might fit the bill, please have them call 718-507-1620 or email [log in to unmask]

If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREBUSINESS-L List, please send an E-mail to:
"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREBUSINESS-L".