PREBUSINESS-L Archives

October 2012

PREBUSINESS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

Announcements for students exploring business careers and graduate schools <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2012 15:35:54 -0400
1) Join the Pre-Business Advisor and other Hunter Pre-Business students for the first of our new weekly Business Roundtable Breakfasts on October 11, 2012.

These breakfasts will be held most Fridays during the term from 9am - 10am in Room 819, East Building. There will be a new business / current affairs topic to discuss each week with an occasional short reading which I will send out to attendees before hand.

This is an opportunity to socialize and network with other Hunter Pre-Business students as well as a chance to increase your knowledge and shape your opinions about the business world.

Please RSVP to [log in to unmask] if you will be attending on the 11th. Also, please feel free to send me any ideas you may have for future session topics and to invite those who many not currently be on the Pre-Business listserv.

2) The Pre-Business Advisor will be in the office this week Tuesday - Friday with various morning and afternoon appointments available. Please send an e-mail to [log in to unmask] to make an appointment.

3) When I am not at Hunter, I am the Finance head of a test prep company called Manhattan Prep (currently comprised of Manhattan GMAT, Manhattan GRE and Manhattan LSAT).

The company is currently hiring a few part-time Associates. I am not directly involved as they are in other departments, but the company is a terrific place to work.

The first is in the Student Services department. More information can be found here:

http://www.manhattangmat.com/part-time-studentservices.cfm

The second is in Operations. Details are below.

Part-time Operations Associate

POSITION DESCRIPTION
The part-time Operations Associate position involves assisting senior staff with office-related tasks, assisting course instructors during classes, answering phones, setting up for events, light housekeeping duties and providing exceptional customer service. The hours are 20-25 per week (may be more during busy periods). Shifts are generally during the following time frames: Monday - Thursday 9am-6pm or 5:00pm-10:30pm, Friday 9am-7pm, Saturday 9am-7pm, and Sunday 9am-10pm (please note that you will not be required to work during all of the specified times, but you should be available for at least 4 of the days listed, with one of those days being a weekend).

QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants must be very friendly and outgoing, detail-oriented, and extremely responsible. Must be college student or college graduate.

COMPANY DESCRIPTION
Manhattan Prep is the fastest-growing test prep Company in the country; our mission is to help students achieve their goals on the GRE, GMAT and LSAT Exams by providing an outstanding curriculum and the highest-quality instructors in the industry. What defines Manhattan Prep is not just its relentless focus on quality, but also its unique work environment with a fast-paced, open, and challenging culture. We take pride in our work and are looking for candidates who will thrive in a young workplace buzzing with creative energy while helping us strategically develop our brand.
Manhattan Prep serves an impressive roster of corporate clients, including many Fortune 500 Companies. The Company currently conducts in-person corporate classes, group classes, Live Online courses and private instruction internationally. Manhattan Prep's acclaimed Strategy Guides are available in bookstores such as Barnes & Noble and on Amazon.com. For more information, visit www.manhattanprep.com

COMPENSATION
$14 per hour with potential for growth.

APPLICATION PROCESS
Please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your interest and relevant experience onto our direct site--
http://www.manhattangmat.com/corporate_post.cfm
(Choose Operations in the Category dropdown menu).

Note that we will only contact applicants whose resumes meet the above qualifications. Please do not call our office regarding this position. We will contact you if we feel you are a good fit.

4) Just a reminder that the Bloomberg Assessment Test (BAT) which screens students for careers in finance, economics or business is coming to campus TOMORROW, October 6th.

There are still spaces available and there is no cost to Hunter undergraduate and graduate students to take the test.

Click here to register:

October 6th, 10:00AM - http://bit.ly/Hunter106