PREMEDINFO-L Archives

November 2013, Week 3

From:
Taryn Weinstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2013 09:58:04 -0500
Please do not contact the Pre-Health Office regarding this program. Use the contact information provided.

See attached flyer.

Hello everyone!
We would like to share a great opportunity with you. We have recently contacted the Dental Stimulation Laboratory on 19 West and 34th St, to give us a few workshops. We will be receiving a lecture on the oral anatomy and various dental procedures.  The workshop also consists of using a handpiece drill to prep a plastic tooth for a crown placement.  When performing this procedure a computer stimulation system will score your result by comparing it to the ideal result.  This is an opportunity is something you can't get from shadowing a dentist. The workshop is about 1 hour 30 mins long and provides an amazing experience to talk about in interviews.
The event will take place on Wednesday, November 27th.  Please keep in mind that day will be a FRIDAY schedule. We have 5 different sessions available, which run from 9:30am to 7:00pm.  If you are interested in one of these sessions please email us back with your:
•	Full name
•	Phone number
•	If you are right handed or left handed
•	Application Cycle
•	Availability
Also you will be required to pay a $40 fee, when you arrive (cash only).  Their website offers various training courses if you are interested for more http://dentsimlab.com.  You can also watch the following short clip to get a better idea of what you will be exposed to.
If none of these times work for you and you are still interested in attending, please let us know.  We will do our best to accommodate your schedule so you can take advantage of this great opportunity.  Please do not contact the DentSim lab directly for scheduling, they will not receive the list of students until the day before the event and therefore will not be able to place you in a session.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.  Hope to see you then!

Amanda Andre F
Pre-Dental Society President