PREMEDINFO-L Archives

December 2012, Week 1

From:
Taryn Weinstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2012 10:34:47 -0500
Greetings from SUNY College of Optometry!

You are cordially invited to attend the SUNY College of Optometry’s Open House for students considering a career in Optometry on Thursday, January 10th, 2013, from 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. This is a great opportunity for your students to interact with faculty, students and staff, and learn more about the profession of optometry, our College, including our curriculum, financial aid, our students’ experiences, the admissions process, living in New York City, and get answers to any questions they might have.

Students must RSVP with number of guests (limit of 2) no later than Tuesday, January 8th, 2013, by email [log in to unmask] Please feel free to distribute the attached flyer to prospective students or post it around your campus.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Gui Albieri
Director of Admissions

TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION

BY TRAIN OR BUS
If you arrive in New York City by train at Pennsylvania Station or by bus at the Port Authority Bus Terminal, a taxi to SUNY Optometry from any of these terminals would be approximately $8.00 plus tip.
The college is easily accessible by public transportation.  It is located two blocks west of the 42nd Street Grand Central Station on the Lexington Avenue IRT #4 or #6 train,  one block east of the 7th Avenue IRT #2, #3, #1, #9 and the BMT, N and R trains.  It is directly across from the #7 Flushing Train and the 6th Avenue F train.  The Port Authority Bus Terminal is a three block walk and the Pennsylvania Station is a 5 minute ride to the College.
BY CAR
From the Northwest (upstate New York): the New York State thruway (I-87 & I-287) lead to Manhattan’s east and west sides.
From the Northeast (MA, CT, etc.): the New England Thruway (I-95) also leads to the east and west sides.
From the West (NJ, PA): the Interstate 80 Expressway (I-80) leads to Manhattan via the George Washington Bridge.
From the South (NJ, MD, etc.): the New Jersey Turnpike (I-95) leads into the Holland Tunnel to lower Manhattan or the Lincoln Tunnel to midtown Manhattan.

PARKING
Parking garages are available and are as close as one-half block away on 43rd or 44th Streets between 5th and 6th Avenues. Parking for the morning is approximately $28.