PREMEDINFO-L Archives

September 2013, Week 3

From:
Taryn Weinstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2013 09:20:30 -0400
Please use the contact information provided and DO NOT CONTACT the Pre-Health Advising Office. READ OVER THE INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY

I am writing to introduce you to Peer Health Exchange (PHE), a
non-profit organization that is expanding its program at Hunter College this fall.
PHE's mission is to give teenagers the knowledge and skills they need
to make health decisions. We do this by training college students to
teach a comprehensive health curriculum in public high schools that
lack education.  Last year, we trained 77 volunteers at Hunter College to teach health workshops to many 9th graders around the city. This  year, we are excited to recruit even more volunteers to help us reach
an even greater number of high school students.

Please see the attached publicity email and Volunteer description. The
deadline for submitting applications to Peer Health Exchange is
Saturday, September 21.