PREMEDINFO-L Archives

March 2009, Week 5

From:
"L.Wood-Hill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L.Wood-Hill
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 2009 15:15:27 -0400
This is an actual email that was received by another prehealth advisor at
another college.  Needless to say, all the other advisors thought this
person extremely ignorant about professional demeanor and communication and
we laughed at the student who wrote this!   I wanted to share in case any of
you thought that the message below seemed ok!

Shorthand is fine for emails and texts to friends.  It is completely
unacceptable when you send a message to someone in authority or someone you
do not know.  It is the same regarding the use of someone's first name when
you have not asked permission to use it!  Just thought this was important
enough to share.

 	"HI ITS ME BIMBO,I CAME TO YOUR OFFICE ON FRIDAY BUT I WAS TOLD
YOU LL NT BE ON SIT UNTIL MONDAY,HAVE NOT BEEN FEELIN FINE FOR 	SOME DAYS
NOW,I DONT KNOW IF I COULD WRITE MY TEST ANOTHER 	DAY.I WILL BE
WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY MA."

L.Wood-Hill
Director, Prehealth Professions Advising Programs
695 Park Ave, Suite 817
NY, NY 10065
http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/prehealth.htm
FAX: 212-772-5138

join the prehealth listserv--Premedinfo-L
http://hunter.listserv.cuny.edu

If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".