PREMEDINFO-L Archives

October 2006, Week 1

From:
"L.Wood-Hill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L.Wood-Hill
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2006 10:47:00 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: marcia cantarella [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 4:27 PM
To: Lina Y. Newton; [log in to unmask]; Ken Sherrill; Barbara
Landress; L.Wood-Hill; [log in to unmask]; Claude Fravien;
Cc: Shirley Clay-Scott; dina daoud; Jonathan Schoenwald
Subject: Princeton Summer Program Nominations

Dear Colleagues,

As you may be aware, Princeton University offers a very prestigious summer
program through the Woodrow Wilson School for students who have an interest
in public policy and a global perspective. Hunter is able to put forth 2
students who must be in their Junior year, very talented and seeking a
career in public service in any area. Last year our student was interested
in health care issues from a global standpoint and is now in medical
school. The program is open to all, but particularly seeks students of
color. The program begins June 14th and continues to August 3rd. It is
fully funded in terms of all expenses (living and travel and books as well
as a stipend of $1, 500).

The deadline is November 1st for the submission of applications. As a
graduate of the Woodrow Wilson School President Raab especially is
interested in our participation. The website for the program is:
http://www.wws.princeton.edu/jsi/welcome.html.

Please let me know as soon as possible who you might identify who would fit
the criteria of both excellence and interest. We will contact potential
candidates and work with them to see if they will be viable and to develop
their applications.

I hope to hear from you soon and please share this with other colleagues
who may have an interest as well.

Marcia