PREMEDINFO-L Archives

February 2011, Week 1

From:
Kelly Gentry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2011 11:42:41 -0500
All Pre-Health Professions Students:

If you are going to be applying to medical, dental, veterinary, optometry, and/or podiatry programs please open an electronic file. Do this even if you already have a paper file; we will be converting all files into an electronic format.  If you have already completed the electronic Office Registration Form you do not need to do it again.

In the fall many students had been told that if they had a paper file they did not need to complete the electronic Office Registration, this procedure has changed. Please fill out the Office Registration form located here as soon as possible: https://ww3.hunter.cuny.edu/prehealth/view.php?id=9

Please remember to use the links on the Pre-health website to request letters of recommendation and evaluations from all recommenders both within and outside of Hunter. We discourage the use of paper recommendations although we will accept them.  This is because all application materials are submitted to the Health Professions Schools electronically.

If the Letter of Recommendation Request Form is used, the individual is given thorough instructions as to how to submit their finalized document.

Letter of Recommendation Request Form: https://ww3.hunter.cuny.edu/prehealth/view.php?id=13

If the Evaluation Request Form is used and the instructor enters the student’s e-mail address, the student will be automatically notified when the Evaluation is submitted to the Pre-Health Professions Office. This will happen if, and only if, the instructor enters the student’s e-mail address.

Evaluation Request Form:  https://ww3.hunter.cuny.edu/prehealth/view.php?id=12

Please review the website for more information about letters of recommendation and evaluations: http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/prehealth/pre-health-file/evaluations-and-recommendations