PREMEDINFO-L Archives

October 2007, Week 4

From:
"L.Wood-Hill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L.Wood-Hill
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:29:53 -0400
This was a great conference last year!  Very interactive and some of the
stuff that oral surgeons do is incredible!  Please attend == you will not be
sorry!

Subject: 3rd Annual Oral Maxillofacial Surgery Symposium at Columbia
University

Dear All

Columbia University College of Dental Medicine presents its 3rd Annual
Symposium on Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: Where Medicine meets Dentistry.
Last year was a tremendous success with over 150 student participants from
colleges across the Tri-state area and we are anticipating 250 students for
this year's symposium.  Come meet and listen to the deans of admissions as
they discuss the key criteria to be a competitive candidate as well as learn
how to get your Education FREE and your Tuition paid for 100%.   In addition
to the priceless information being discussed, a hands-on component has been
added to give students the opportunity to use dental instruments and
materials in a lab setting.   Please join renowned Oral Surgeons from
Columbia University College of Dental Medicine and Harlem Hospital to learn
about the exciting opportunities in this profession.

Columbia University College of Dental Medicine would like to invite all
pre-health students with the Tri-State Area.  The event will take place on
Saturday, November 17th, 2007 at Columbia University Medical Center from
9:30am to 1:30pm.  We are currently working hard to ensure that this event
continuous to be as successful as in previous years. My name is Armando
Retana and I'm the event coordinator this year.  I obtained your contact
information from last year's event coordinator, Philip Josephs.  If you have
any questions or concern please feel free us by replying to this email

Attached please find the flier for this year's event, and please share this
information with students and friends.  Below is a brief description of what
the itinerary will be like.

 The website for students to register at is http://dental.columbia.edu/snda

We do not have a print out of the Itinerary yet, so I am unable to e-mail it
to you. However, here it is in e-mail form. The Symposium, will have 2 Oral
Surgeons present. The first one is the director of the Oral Surgery program
at Harlem Hospital, and he will present one of his surgery cases. He will
also talk about his journey, from undergrad to applying to Dental school,
and going the further step in becoming an Oral Surgeon. The second Surgeon
is in the Army and works for the Surgeon General.   She will also be doing
the same, presenting a surgery case and talking about her journey.  Our
third speaker is a Forensic Dentist who worked during the Hurricane Katrina
aftermath identifying people base on their dental restorations and
radiographs.  We will also have an admissions officer from Columbia
University present, to talk about the application process, and what schools
are interested in when selecting their candidates and how students can
become stronger candidates.  The!
  A!
RMY will also be present about some of the opportunities they offer within
the health care profession, specifically in dentistry. There will also be a
question and answer session for students to ask any and all questions that
they have, whether it be how to become a stronger candidate, or what other
options there are within the field of Dentistry. We are hoping this event
will be very informative to students, and help to clarify or answer
questions that they have, so they will know what the profession entails, and
thus will be able to make an informed decision on whether or not to pursue
dentistry as a profession.  Finally, the students will have the opportunity
to sing up to be mentored by a dental student from Columbia University
College of Dental Medicine.

 IMPORTANT: This event is not limited to students interested in Dentistry.
It is also geared for Pre-"MED" individuals, and all other students that
fall under the umbrella of pre-health. A growing trend has been, physicians
returning to Dental school because of the superb opportunities in the field
of Dentistry, whether it be due to its lucrativeness, flexibility in hours,
and of course, it being a specialty of Medicine.

Sincerely

Columbia University's SNDA

Event Coordinator

If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".