PREMEDINFO-L Archives

December 2008, Week 5

From:
"L.Wood-Hill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L.Wood-Hill
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 2008 09:51:11 -0500

FYI!!! See attachment as well.

Dear All,

          We would like to inform you of our upcoming symposium, “Minority
Scientists at the Forefront; Making Connections and Showcasing Talent,”
scheduled for February 20, 2009 at New York University School of Medicine.

This unique symposium will bring together minority graduate students from
the New York area and highlight their achievements at the bench. The
symposium is organized by the New York City Minority Graduate Student
Network (NYC-MGSN). MGSN was formed to create a networking platform for
minority biomedical science students in the New York City area. Since its
inception in 2005, membership has grown to include over 150 students from
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratories,
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, Cornell
University-Weill Medical College, Gerstner Sloan-Kettering, Hunter College
of the City University of New York, Mount Sinai College of Medicine, New
York University School of Medicine-Sackler Institute, and Rockefeller
University.

This symposium will provide a great opportunity for underrepresented
students to present their cutting edge research and to network with each
other and future employers. We hope to attract faculty, students from
Hunter College to this event .

Our keynote speakers for this event are Dr. Leticia Márquez-Magaña  and the
Howard Hughes Medical Investigator, Dr. Erich Jarvis.  Dr. Jarvis, a
graduate of Hunter College and Rockefeller University, exemplifies the
potential of New York City minority graduate students.

We look forward to seeing students from Hunter College at this exciting
event.

To learn more about the our group, please visit us at:
http://main.nycmgsn.com/

For more information about our keynote speakers please visit the following
websites:

Dr. Jarvis: http://www.hhmi.org/news/jarvis_bio.html

Dr. Márquez-Magaña: http://userwww.sfsu.edu/~magana/index.htm

Sincerely,

MGSN-Board

If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".