PREMEDINFO-L Archives

February 2006, Week 3

From:
Lolita Wood-Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lolita Wood-Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 22:28:40 -0500
Dear students:

I am so excited about this listserv! I am not sure how it works but
hopefully we will be up and running very shortly.

I recently sent a letter to all science faculty asking that, whenever
possible, for all students with a "B-" or better grade, they write a
narrative report on the back of the evaluation form.  We will no longer
ask you to submit evaluations from courses that you have received a grade
of "C" or worse.  This will take some of the burden off of you and the
faculty!

However, this will require MORE from you in another way.  Every time you
submit a request for an evaluation you MUST attach a copy of your
transcript and a resume.  The faculty cannot be expected to write a
narrative about a student they do not know so you will be responsible for
giving them information to make this task possible.

You should also ALWAYS make this request as soon as your course is
finished and IN PERSON.

If you do not have a resume you can get help in constructing one with
career services.  If you have already prepared your personal statement for
your file you may wish to include this as well.

I know this seems like a great deal of work but I am trying to make sure
that you have the EXCEPTIONAL, rather than, ordinary letter of
recommendation for your health professions applications.  I think these
changes will give YOU the best letter we can produce on your behalf.

Your comments and concerns are welcome. Ms. Wood-Hill