PREMEDINFO-L Archives

April 2006, Week 3

From:
"L.Wood-Hill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L.Wood-Hill
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 15:42:01 -0400

Please look at this website and give your opinion below. Thanks!  And those
who are attending Saturday's recruitment fair--please SHOW UP!  I am going
to be really embarrassed if my own students don't come to a conference I am
part of!!! And if anyone wants to come at the last minute you can.  I have
attached the information again.  Just bring the registration form with you.
Thanks and have a great week-end.  Mrs. Wood-Hill

Dear Advisor:

ExploreHealthCareers.org is about to launch a new design in June 2006 and
needs your students' help.  ExploreHealthCareers is a free, online health
careers resource for college students and their advisors. It is a
non-profit, collaborative initiative involving national foundations,
professional associations, health career advisors, educational institutions
and students. The project's mission is to attract more underrepresented
students into the health professions by raising students' awareness of and
interest in health careers and by helping them appreciate the broad range of
rewarding and meaningful professions. The site accomplishes this by
providing in an accessible and user-friendly way - again, completely free of
charge - reliable, clear information, including three extensive, searchable
databases.

The popularity of ExploreHealthCareers has grown steadily. In the
seven-month period from July 2005 to January 2006, the total hits per month
nearly quadrupled, from 130,310 to 505,275; similarly, average hits per day
rose from 4,203 to 16,299.

Before we launch the new design we want to make sure the website design
appeals to its target market.  Please encourage your students to click on
the URL below to view two design options and complete a short survey.

Students:

Please complete the short survey below after viewing two design options at

www.caudillweb.com/clients/ehc/1/ <http://www.caudillweb.com/clients/ehc/1/>
.  The first design will be visible when you view the URL.  The second
design option can be viewed by clicking on the #2 button at the top right
corner of the screen.  Students will be asked to either choose between
option #1 or option #2.  If they like both, they can describe features they
like in each design.

Please e-mail the completed survey to Henryne Tobias at

1.         I like Option # 1       ____

I like Option # 2       ____

2.         I like a combination of Options # 1 & # 2 _____

3.         If you selected a combination of #1 and 2, which features did you
like?

Option # 1

a.               Color  ____

b.               Position of Career Explorer in middle column ____

c.                Other features: (please explain)
____________________________________

Option # 2

a.     Color

b.     Position of Career Explorer in right column ____

c.     Other features: (please explain)
_______________________________________

Name of Student _______________________ E-mail Address
_________________________

The first 5 respondents will receive a t-shirt with the
ExploreHealthCareers.org logo, a first-aid kit, carabiner key chain, an
ExploreHealthCareers.org canvass bag and pen.  We will mail items to
advisors.  Please respond by 5:00 pm on Friday, April 21, 2006.  You may
view the existing website, which is live and available for use at
www.ExploreHealthCareers.org.  The new design will be available for viewing
to the public in late June, 2006.

Thank you for your support of ExploreHealthCareers.org

Henryne Tobias, EdM
Project Director,
www.ExploreHealthCareers.org
Association of Academic Health Centers