PREMEDINFO-L Archives

September 2010, Week 2

From:
Kelly Gentry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Gentry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 2010 13:30:12 -0400
As many of you know the Pre-Health Professions Office is in transition; Mrs. Wood-Hill is leaving and next week is her last week at Hunter. She will be missed by students, staff, and faculty and we thank her for all of her great work and support over the years!

Here are the changes that will be taking place:

Karen Phillips, PhD, professor from the Chemistry Dept will be coming on board to work with the Post-Bac students. Any students with questions about the Post-Bac program will have to direct their questions to her. She will be starting this position sometime in the next few weeks, but when exactly has not been determined. Until then Post-Bac students can direct their questions to the [log in to unmask] e-mail address.

Kelly Gentry will be holding workshops for students regarding withdrawing from courses, major selection for pre-med students, committee letters, applying to schools, etc. Keep a look out for the schedules for these workshops on the website and listserv.

Beginning the week of September 20th, Walk-in hours with Kelly will be:
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday every week 10:30-12:30 and 2:30-4:15.
There will be NO MONDAY WALK-IN Hours and Fridays will be by appointment only.
To request an appointment e-mail [log in to unmask]
Of course these hours are subject to change occasionally so remember to check the website/listserv for updates.

WEBSITE: We are going to be changing the website. It needs a lot of work but please be patient we want to make it better and more user-friendly...for you!

Files are now ELECTRONIC... no more paper. Soon, there will be links on the website for this information. We will keep you posted. But, YAY, for saving trees!

Walk-In Hours for Mrs.Wood-Hill's last week, (next week September 13-September 17)-
MONDAY- NO WALK-INs
TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY- 10:30-12:30 and 2:30-4:30
THURSDAY/FRIDAY- NO WALK-INs

Stay tuned for more updates, great things are going to be happening over the next year!

Happy Fall Semester!