PREMEDINFO-L Archives

February 2012, Week 4

From:
Kelly Gentry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 2012 11:42:08 -0500
SUNY Downstate Early Health Careers Program (for Undergraduates)

Wednesday, February 29 @ 1pm in 1036 North

Come learn about some wonderful opportunities at SUNY Downstate!

EHC
The “Exploring Health Careers” program is an initiative to expose students to a variety of career options in the health professions. The program is designed to provide exposure to targeted health professions through faculty presentations, shadowing opportunities in clinics and affiliate sites, and information about the application process.

PATH-Allied Health Track
The PATH program offers a unique opportunity for students to explore the sciences and become acquainted with healthcare professions early in their academic career. Our goal is to encourage students to consider a rewarding career in the sciences through participation in our Allied Health Track.
The program is designed to prepare students through a 1-summer curriculum to apply early decision to the College of Health Related Professions at SUNY Downstate in one of the following fields:
 Physician Assistant (PA)
 Doctorate of Physical Therapy (DPT)
PATH-Graduate Studies Track
The Graduate Studies track of the PATH program offers students the opportunity to conduct biomedical research with Downstate Faculty. Students who participate in the Graduate Studies track are taught the basics of scientific writing and abstract development. At the end of the 8 weeks, each student is required to present his or her work at our annual Summer Research Symposium. The program prepares students who are interested in applying to SUNY Downstate’s Ph.D. program in the School of Graduate studies
For more information please see the website:  http://sls.downstate.edu/minority_affairs/prospective_students/programs.html