PREMEDINFO-L Archives

July 2011, Week 3

From:
Kelly Gentry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2011 09:50:31 -0400
Dear Hunter Pre-Med Students,

Even though school may be out for the summer, Kaplan is not. We know how important your MCAT score is to you and that is why we want to help you this summer. We want to help you so much that we are offering FREE MCAT PREP with "Elite" Teacher David Elson at NYU and Columbia.

David Elson's development into an MCAT expert follows years of work as an MCAT instructor, an endeavor he continues to indulge in to this day.
• Ranked consistently as one of the top MCAT instructors in the country, a true "Elite" teacher
• Author of Kaplan's new MCAT Advanced course
• Holds a BA in Biology from Cornell University
• Helped to develop Kaplan's Summer Intensive MCAT program

Four Free sessions

Session 1: Strategically Preparing for the MCAT with David Elson - 6:30-9:30 PM ( NYU Tues 7/19 / Columbia Tues, 7/26)
When and why the MCAT was created and what it is really designed to assess? How much time will I need to prepare for the exam? What undergrad courses do I need to take before the MCAT? What courses would help? What if I am a repeat test-taker? What are the most common mistakes students make when preparing for the MCAT?

Session 2: Free MCAT Prep: Verbal Reasoning with David Elson - 6:30-9:30 PM (NYU Thurs 7/21 / Columbia Tues, 7/28)
What is Kaplan's strategy for VR? What do the other companies suggest? What does the AAMC suggest? Analysis of actual MCAT VR questions

Session 3: Free MCAT Prep: Physical Sciences with David Elson - 6:30-9:30 PM (NYU Mon 8/1/ Columbia Mon 8/8)
Discuss varying skills required, recap the big picture on how to prepare for the PS section of the MCAT. Analysis of actual MCAT PS questions.

Session 4: Free MCAT Prep: Biological Sciences with David Elson - 6:30-9:30 PM (NYU Weds 8/3 / Columbia Weds 8/5)
Discuss varying skills required, recap the big picture on how to prepare for the BS section of the MCAT. Analysis of actual MCAT BS questions.

To register for any of these events please click on Registration Jotform <http://form.jotform.com/form/11672125208> or here for a link to our website http://www.kaptest.com <http://www.kaptest.com/enroll/MCAT/10010/events>

Elise Falcicchio
Grad Campus Manager- Manhattan
Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions
(646) 306-1753
Interested in becoming a Kaplan Campus Rep?
http://bit.ly/NYUkaplanrep