PREMEDINFO-L Archives

March 2017, Week 4

From:
Kemile A Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2017 01:49:36 +0000
Volunteers needed for the NY Vision walk!
There is still time to register.
Here is a step by step of how to register, it is very easy and takes no time!
After you register an Email with further information will be sent by the team captain.

1. Click on “ Register for this walk” in the upper right corner of the flyer below.
2.Go to the right side of the page to “Find a participant or team” and click on “team”
3. In the white box type : Pre Optometry Society of Hunter College
4. Click on the blue link of the Pre Optometry Society of Hunter College in the middle of the page.
5. To the right of the page, click on “Join team” ( highlighted of red)
6. Fill out your information and you are done!!!

See you on April 8th at the walk!

Best,

Pre Optometry Society of Hunter College.

View this email online<http://www.fightblindness.org/site/R?i=ctUl_JJSzYuFf8Mh0K7V1Q>

[VisionWalk]

Dear Andrea,

The temperatures outside are fluctuating like crazy but the 11th Annual New York VisionWalk<http://www.fightblindness.org/site/R?i=eLLWAFiqAAmtvBNplPrxwQ> just keeps heating up! We've had jumps in teams, registrants, and fundraising over the past few weeks. Thank you for all you are doing to make this VisionWalk a great success!

We know that our VisionWalkers are truly dedicated to finding preventions, treatments, and cures for blindness. You can help us take strides toward our mission by participating in today's Catch the Current Challenge!

[GE Current Logo]

Current, powered by GE is going to award $1,000 to the walk team which raises the most money today (Monday, March 6th).

Rally your team to get out the message about VisionWalk and see if your team can win the $1,000 Catch the Current Challenge award!

Donations made online<http://www.fightblindness.org/site/R?i=vrcH0WVOVMt5w16RTxfoCA>, submitted by our check reporting tool<http://www.fightblindness.org/site/R?i=HSsJ60TWcdrKxo-FCio4OQ>, or received in our office will count toward the Catch the Current challenge.

VisionWalk Shout Outs!

SUNY College of Optometry<http://www.fightblindness.org/site/R?i=t4UyVTDM_RTiikTvJ3Te5w> has been the largest NY VisionWalk team several years running with about 200 people a year. They're off to a great start this year as well with nearly 90 team members pre-registered for the VisionWalk! Keep it up, SUNY!

New VisionWalk team, Brielle Sees Stars<http://www.fightblindness.org/site/R?i=VM9K0sCPb2XUbOwNKtwuWg>, signed up and jumped right in. Within days of registering, team captain Brielle Halbert became one of our VisionWalk All Stars!Congrations, Brielle and welcome to the VisionWalk family!

Robert Jordan<http://www.fightblindness.org/site/R?i=ThPNcSmK6qN74FMPemr2Wg> of the 4 My Shorty team is committed to getting out the VisionWalk message. Just a little more than one week after registering for the VisionWalk he has already sent out nearly 200 messages! Way to go, Robert!

Sharing your story is an important part of VisionWalk fundraising. Laura Shepherd Feil<http://www.fightblindness.org/site/R?i=g0fonMZ3aHs2vvzOMXH_8A> knows that and updated her personal page to let everyone who visits know why she is walking. Thanks for sharing, Laura!

Good luck today with the Catch the Current Challenge! If you have a shout out or event to share let us know and you could be featured in an upcoming message!

Cheers!

Katie Van Benschoten
Events Director

Olivia Niemeyer
Events Assistant
(212) 244-1470

Are you ready for the VisionWalk?

Saturday, April 8th
Flushing Meadows Corona Park
Fountain of the Planets

9am Check-in
10am Stage Presentation
10:15am Walk Begins

Need materials to get your team moving? Contact us<mailto:[log in to unmask]> and let us know how we can help!

[Register for This Walk]<http://www.fightblindness.org/site/R?i=Tv-k3lJywvZc23V2ytGBfA>
[Download the Sponsorship Form]<http://www.fightblindness.org/site/R?i=CS7Yxrf6I9WrgAikSXaf3A>
[Submit Check Information]<http://www.fightblindness.org/site/R?i=phQw4bymPiPiQuISp2gRcQ>
[Like us on Facebook]<http://www.fightblindness.org/site/R?i=2rDIgehSv2Xq2mgNrFlKkQ>

Still Needed to Reach Our Goal:
$226,615.49

Number of Registered Teams:
27

Upcoming Events

Limited Sight but Extraordinary Vision: NYC Chapter Speaker Series Presentation

Thursday, March 23th
Duane Morris LLP
1540 Broadway, 14th Floor
Registration at 5:30pm
Presentation from 6-7:30pm
Reception from 7:30-8:30pm

RSVP by Monday, March 20th to Kris Danso at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>or (212) 244-1470.

Leave a Lasting Mark: A Tribute to Woodstock

Tuesday, April 4th
The Bitter End
147 Bleecker Street, NYC
Doors open at 6:30pm
Music from 7-9pm

The $10 entry fee goes right to the New York VisionWalk! RSVP and stay up to date through the Facebook event page<http://www.fightblindness.org/site/R?i=p2xlWFcJoSqgpPJhTPUhwA>.

Blindness-Busting March Moneymaker

Saturday, March 18th
Canz-a-City Roadhouse
1610 Old Country Road, Westbury, NY
12:30-5:30pm

The $20 entry fee goes directly to the Visionaries’ VisionWalk team and includes two beers and an appetizer or unlimited soft drinks and a sandwich with fries.

[VisionWalk Logo]<http://www.fightblindness.org/site/R?i=mMcnY4_AS-EeY6TU-_tlYg>

        [Foundation Logo]

7168 Columbia Gateway Drive, Suite 100
Columbia, MD 21046    800-683-5555
FightBlindness.org<http://www.fightblindness.org/site/R?i=G0PwVcJsYZYEqaY4_m0ylQ> | Update Preferences<http://www.fightblindness.org/site/EmailOpt?i=GZYr7DN47rBHcZk_F9U0yIygqe7COYfa> | Unsubscribe<http://www.fightblindness.org/site/EmailOpt?i=gCUToPxlngFvLFbaK30n0SZwjyVAtALw>

[http://www.fightblindness.org/images/content/pagebuilder/WelcomeSeries_footer_icons.jpg]