PREMEDINFO-L Archives

March 2009, Week 3

From:
"L.Wood-Hill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L.Wood-Hill
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 2009 11:04:43 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 12:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: 2 entry level publishing positions at my office

Post to media list serv?

These positions below are available at my company, Springer Science +
Business Media.

I would love to recommend a Hunter grad who is qualified for the position.
Please email me at [log in to unmask] with your resume and an INFORMAL
cover letter, telling me about yourself, why you are interested and why you
are qualified. Include some highlights from your academic/work career that I
could mention when recommending.

This position was listed yesterday, So I highly recommend contacting me
within the next day or by the end of the week the absolute latest.

I understand how difficult it is to get a job right now, and want to help
the Hunter community as best as I can. Please understand, recommending
someone is also a reflection on me, so I will only be able to forward
resumes of those who I think are reasonable candidates for the positions.
Thank you for your understanding.

Best,
Charlotte, Hunter '08
> EDITORIAL ASSISTANT
> SOHO, NEW YORK
>
> CLINICAL MEDICINE/LIFE SCIENCES/BIOMEDICINE
>
> Springer Science+ Business Media is one of the most prestigious
international scientific publishers of books, journals, and electronic media
today, with subsidiaries and representatives all over the world. Our
publications range from medicine to all fields of life sciences, and from
mathematics to engineering. Wherever scientific research is carried out,
highly qualified experts count themselves among Springer's authors, among
them a large number of Nobel prize winners. Around 5,000 people are employed
by the Springer Group worldwide.

> We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
> - Medical, Dental and Vision
> - Life and AD&D
> - 401 (k)
> - Flexible Spending Accounts
> - Tuition Assistance
> - Summer Hours
>
> We are currently seeking an Editorial Assistant to join the Life
Sciences/Biomedicine department and an Editorial Assistant to join the
Clinical Medicine department of our Soho, New York office. Prior experience
in academic research publishing is preferred, but not required. Advanced
computer skills should include Microsoft Office Suite, internet, and general
facility with databases. BA/BS degree required.

> Responsibilities: The Editorial Assistant will provide general
administrative support to our Editors; communicating with authors,
development/preparing manuscripts, maintaining internal databases,
coordinating projects internally and managing project workflow to release
manuscripts to production.

> Qualifications: The ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, capable of
working independently, strong communication skills (oral and written),
strong attention to detail, highly organized. Prior publishing related
office experience is necessary.