PREMEDINFO-L Archives

August 2010, Week 2

From:
Kelly Gentry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Gentry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2010 07:55:22 -0400
Mrs. Wood-Hill is still very ill and will be out for the remainder of this week. We are of course hoping for her to get well soon!

Please feel free to come see me if you have any questions. I am processing committee letters, reading over applications, and helping you with anything you may need. Come see me or e-mail me [log in to unmask] with any questions and I will help you as much as I possibly can. E-mail  may be best so that if I don't know the answer to your question on the spot I can do a little research and get back to you without you having wasted a trip to our office. I prefer that you email me and make an appointment if you want to see me in person, rather than just walking in since I don't have an office yet. If we make an appointment I can make sure there is an office ready so we can speak.

Some reminders:

1) We cannot send out committee letters until you have:
        -submitted your application
        -given us a copy of your completed application for both AMCAS and AACOMAS
          (make sure to write your AACOMAS ID on the application- it doesn't appear when you print it out)
        -paid $10 (check/money order made out to Hunter College) for your letters to be sent
        -provided us with your AMCAS Letter Request form (if you are applying to MD Schools)

2) Committee letter assignments for the fall will be made when the semester begins. At that time you will be given the  opportunity to meet with your letter writer. If you were told that you were getting a fall comittee there is nothing else you need to/can do, right now.

3) Once you have submitted all of the appropriate documentation for your spring committee letter (see #1) you will receive an e-mail when it is sent out. We are aware of who is exepcting letters, remember professors are not here over the summer so they work from home and it may take longer. There are a lot of people waiting for letters so please be patient, we know there are deadlines and we are all working as fast as we can. Again, you will receive an e-mail when the letter has been sent.

Thanks everyone and have a great day!

Kelly Gentry
Pre-Health Coordinator/Advisor