PREMEDINFO-L Archives

March 2012, Week 2

From:
Kelly Gentry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2012 14:32:40 -0500
Hi everyone,

Rather than having a speaker for Wednesday, March 14th (1-3 pm in Hunter North 1036), I’d like to provide you with an overview of how you can go about developing your personal statements. I gave a couple of workshops last semester that about 30 of you attended. Many have since come by in advisement or asked electronically about hints and Do’s and Don’ts. This will give us a perfect opportunity to discuss this.

You are welcome to bring your laptops and or pen/paper to jot down ideas about guiding questions that I will pose to you to help you develop the statement.

I do ask that you email ME (and not Kelly) [log in to unmask] to notify me of your intent to attend. Depending on the size of the crowd, I might turn this into a more intimate workshop, and would like to know beforehand if we need to relocate to a computer lab.  Anyone who is planning to apply to any health professional school this summer is invited to (and probably should) attend.

Kindly email me to notify me of your intent to attend.

Thank you for your attention and cooperation.
Cathy