PREMEDINFO-L Archives

January 2013, Week 2

From:
Taryn Weinstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2013 12:59:46 -0500
PLEASE USE THE CONTACT INFORMATION PROVIDED BELOW. DO NOT "REPLY" TO THIS E-MAIL.

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS BE PROFESSIONAL WHEN SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS OR MAKING EMAIL INQUIRIES

A local colon and rectal surgeon is looking for an interested pre-medical student (soph/junior).

Job description

A premed sophomore/junior available now until Oct 2013.  The study is going to be conducted from Jan 2013 to around Oct 2013.  I will need fixed times of availability (negotiable) during the week for approximately 10-15 hours a week.
There will be a small stipend, amount to be determined.  Our study involves testing a new medicine on our patients with a certain disease.  The responsibilities of the study coordinator will include:

•        talking to patients and answering their questions about the study/obtaining informed consent
•        overseeing patients visits to ensure proper lab testing/paperwork is done at each visit
•        making follow up phone calls
•        data entry
•        packing/shipping blood tests

Potential benefits of this opportunity include:
•        obtain work experience in a medical office to see what being a doctor is like
•        working with patients
•        participating in a clinical research study
•        small stipend
Candidates can email me their resume ([log in to unmask])

Peter K Hon, MD
Colon and Rectal Surgery
115 E57th St Suite 510
New York, NY 10022