PREMEDINFO-L Archives

December 2010, Week 3

From:
Kelly Gentry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 2010 14:12:22 -0500
Pre-Health Internships available through the Emergency Department at Bellevue Hospital Center. Below are links to our programs which provide more information for students and advisors.

 The Research Associate Internship (http://emergency.med.nyu.edu/electives/college-students-0)allows students an opportunity to experience and observe many different aspects of clinical research. The program is comprised of clinical research shifts based in the Emergency Department. It offers the committed student a unique experience, which is intended to furnish a wealth of knowledge about the numerous options for a career in healthcare. This program runs all year, admissions are rolling, and requires a 9-12month time commitment by the interested student.

 Project Healthcare (http://emergency.med.nyu.edu/electives/college-students/project-healthcare) is a ten week summer internship which offers the committed student a unique healthcare experience, which is intended to furnish a wealth of knowledge about the numerous options for a career in healthcare. Additional rotations in other areas of the hospital as well as participation in research and health fair projects allow students the exposure they need to make educated career choices. Furthermore, lectures and weekly meetings provide students with a chance to discuss medical issues, including the practical problems that hospitals, patients, and medical staff encounter in the healthcare system.

We begin accepting applications on November 15th 2010 through February 11th, 2011. This deadline is strictly enforced. A new application and more information are available on our website.

Prospective applicants send any questions to [log in to unmask]