PREMEDINFO-L Archives

March 2007, Week 5

From:
"L.Wood-Hill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L.Wood-Hill
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 11:58:49 -0400
Rochester is looking for diversity in economic and racial composition.  This
is why they included Hunter.  We have many students who are both racially
and economically disadvantaged.  They are particularly looking for students
who are first generation college students and/or come from high schools that
were disadvantaged.  If they maintain their GPA then they are automatically
given entry to Rochester's Medical school (I have to check on the dental
school).  When they commit to Rochester they MUST attend Rochester if they
have successfully completed the requirements.  I think Rochester is not
looking at the MCAT so that they are sure these students would not be
eligible to apply to other medical schools. Honors College and Thomas Hunter
students would be particularly favored as they want students with rich
liberal arts training.  Lolita

Director, Prehealth Professions Programs
Hunter College of CUNY
695 Park Ave, E812
NY, NY 10021
212-772-5244