PREMEDINFO-L Archives

February 2007, Week 2

From:
"L.Wood-Hill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L.Wood-Hill
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 14:57:40 -0500
As I mentioned in a message last week, we need to regulate the number of
users in the MCAT Scheduling & Registration system.  Therefore, we are
opening June and July registration by geographic regions where testing sites
are located, rather than the entire network of testing sites at once.
Please find below the registration schedule.  We would appreciate your help
in disseminating this information to your advisees.

Even with this controlled roll-out, the system will be slow, and if at any
time we believe system issues are negatively impacting examinee
registrations, we may decide to take the system down temporarily so that we
do lot lose opportunities to provide quicker solutions for affected
examinees.  While we do not believe such action will be necessary, we do
want to warn you of the possibility.

An examinee should locate the state where s/he wants to test from the
schedule below.  Each of the following days opens at 9 am Eastern time.
Examinee Services staff will be available from 9 am to 7 pm Eastern time to
answer inquiries: (202) 828-0690, [log in to unmask]

February 14 - Canada & Other International Sites

February 16 - Southern United States

[please note: south includes Maryland (so that it can open with Washington,
DC and Virginia) Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands]
     Alabama
     Arkansas
     Florida
     Georgia
     Kentucky
     Louisiana
     Maryland
     Mississippi
     North Carolina
     Oklahoma
     Texas
     South Carolina
     Tennessee
     Virginia
     West Virginia
     Puerto Rico
     Guam
     US Virgin Islands

February 20 - Central United States

     Iowa
     Illinois
     Indiana
     Kansas
     Michigan
     Minnesota
     Missouri
     Nebraska
     North Dakota
     Ohio
     South Dakota
     Wisconsin

February 22 - Northeastern United States

     Connecticut
     Delaware
     Maine
     Massachusetts
     New Hampshire
     New Jersey
     New York
     Pennsylvania
     Rhode Island
     Vermont

February 23 - Western United States

(please note: west includes Guam)
     Alaska
     Arizona
     California
     Colorado
     Hawaii
     Idaho
     Montana
     Nevada
     New Mexico
     Oregon
     Utah
     Washington
     Wyoming
     Guam

The MCAT Registration page will be updated this afternoon to reflect the
above information.