PREMEDINFO-L Archives

March 2008, Week 4

From:
Pre-Med Club <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pre-Med Club <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2008 00:18:15 -0400
“Peer Health Exchange’s mission is to give teenagers the knowledge and skills
they need to make healthy decisions. We do this by training college students
to teach a comprehensive health curriculum in public high schools that lack
health education. Peer Health Exchange (PHE) college volunteers train in 1 of
10 health topics, teaching skills, and public speaking skills during the fall
semester. Volunteers begin teaching workshops to high school students
partway through the fall semester, and continue to teach throughout the
spring semester. Most PHE volunteers spend an average of 3 – 4 hours per
week volunteering; PHE student leaders spend between 6 – 10 hours each
week learning and teaching a health topic workshop themselves and helping to
train and manage their peers. This is a great opportunity for students who are
interested in working in the community, teaching and the health fields.

Peer Health Exchange currently works with groups of student volunteers at
Columbia University, NYU, CUNY-Lehman College, and Fordham University. In
2008-2009, we will be expanding to work with more college students and
serve more NYC teenagers. If you are interested in learning more about this
program, becoming a volunteer for the 2008 – 2009 academic year, or applying
to be part of a select group of student leaders who will begin laying the
foundation for this program at Hunter this spring, please contact
[log in to unmask] More information is also available at our
website, www.peerhealthexchange.org.”

Maria Soto
Hunter College Pre-Med Club
Room: TH 112
Phone (212) 772-4573
http://studentweb.hunter.cuny.edu/~premed

If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".