PREMEDINFO-L Archives

December 2012, Week 1

From:
Taryn Weinstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2012 09:27:51 -0500
PLEASE USE THE CONTACT INFORMATION PROVIDED BELOW. DO NOT "REPLY" TO THIS E-MAIL.

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS BE PROFESSIONAL WHEN SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS OR MAKING EMAIL INQUIRIES.

Meddick
Community Intern
Location: New York City, New York, United States

We're a venture-backed startup in New York City that aims to revolutionize the way people discover health information online.  Meddik empowers users by providing a health-specific platform where users can ask questions, share content, and learn from the collective experience and insight of people who’ve been there.

We’re looking for an intern to help us build our online community. The job requires a time commitment of at least 1.5 days in the office during the week.

Company
•	A collaborative and inspiring work environment consisting of five colleagues all in their mid-twenties.
•	Awesome group of advisors and investors (Chris Dixon, Andy Weissman, Nat Turner, Zach Weinberg, Founder Collective, Collaborative Fund) who have been involved with Google, Hunch, Skype, OMGpop, StackExchange, Vimeo, Code Academy, and countless others.
Culture
Our passion lies in getting people healthier faster. But we are also avid musicians, love travel and good food. While relentless hustle is part of our work mantra, so is actively living in the present (skydiving trips anyone?).  Check out blog.meddik.com and the “Team” section on meddik.com for more information.

Responsibilities
•	Increase user engagement by participating in Meddik conversations and responding to user feedback.
•	Ensure content quality across our conversations.
•	Work closely with community managers, designer and founders of Meddik to craft the user experience.
The internship is uncompensated, but we’re actively seeking to fill full-time paid positions from our internship pool. Your time with us will provide you with insight and experience into the start-up life in New York City. You will additionally learn first-hand the unique challenges in working in health. Our offices are located in Soho in the Blueprint Health co-working space, which means you will have the opportunity to meet other medical entrepreneurs and learn about upcoming medical start-ups. If you are in school, we would be happy to work with you and your institution to have the internship qualify for academic credit.

If you’re interested, please email a cover letter and CV to [log in to unmask]