PREMEDINFO-L Archives

December 2020, Week 3

From:
Kemile A Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 2020 21:35:13 +0000
(*Tonight*) Friday, December 18th from 8pm to 9pm EST
Zoom: https://zoom.us/join
Meeting ID: 878 0466 7008
Passcode: 12345

Date: Monday, December 21, 2020
Time: 7pm - 8pm EST
Topic: How to Maintain a Winning Mindset Do you ever feel like giving up? Does life ever seem overwhelming?
Attend this seminar and learn proven strategies that will keep you motivated during difficult times.
Speaker: Andrew Morrison, Co-founder of Mentoring in Medicine, Inc.
Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89222175386
Meeting ID: 892 2217 5386        Passcode: mentor
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,89222175386# US (New York)
Dial by your location
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 892 2217 5386

Are you planning to take the MCAT (Medical School Admissions Test)?
You can select from our Daily MCAT Review or 20-week Medical Pathway Program.

Learn more at: https://mcat2021.eventbrite.com

1-Daily MCAT Review (Monday to Friday for 30 Days) Launch Date: Monday, December 21

a-Daily Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills (CARS) - $57 per month Section A: 7am-8am EST Section B: 12pm-1pm EST

b-Daily Chemical and Physical Properties of Biological Systems - $57 per month Section C: 8pm-9:30pm EST

(Bonus: Access all 3 sessions for $97 per month)

2-Medical Pathway Program (MPP)
20-week program plus Daily Review
Launch Date: Saturday, January 2nd
Closing Date: Saturday, May 15
Time: 9am to 5pm

Full Payment: $1,000 ($250 savings)
Payment Plan: $250 per month for 5 months

MPP Includes:
> Daily MCAT Science and CARS sessions
> Application review
> Interview strategies
> Guest speakers
> Presentations from Alumni
> Virtual Medical School tours
> Tips on becoming a more competitive applicant

Register at: https://mcat2021.eventbrite.com

We will be using CARS Question Pack Volume 1 and the MCAT Section Bank. You can purchase them at the following links.
AAMC CARS Question Pack Vol. 1 ($15)
https://store.aamc.org/official-mcat-critical-analysis-and-reasoning-skills-question-pack-volume-1-online.html

AAMC MCAT Section Bank ($45)
https://store.aamc.org/aamc-mcat-section-bank-online.html

The greatest value is to purchase the entire online prep bundle at https://store.aamc.org/online-only-official-mcat-prep-bundle.html?options=cart

Leadership in Medicine
Build Your Social and Emotional Intelligence for Medical Careers during COVID and Beyond Co-Sponsored by Mentoring in Medicine, Long Island University and Sanford Inspire
Eligibility:  High School, College, Post-baccalaureate Students
Dates:  January 4, 2021-January 8, 2021
Time:  10 am-3 pm EST
Register Today:  https://forms.gle/VphxD9qyAnF4wRkY8
Deadline 12/28/20220

Apply TODAY for the PRIMES Program!
Sponsored by Weill-Cornell School of Medicine

Do you want to go to medical school?
Are you unsure of the journey ahead?
Do you need a mentor?
Eligibility:   Freshman or Sophomore in College
Benefits:
-Get a one-on-one medical student or health professional mentor to meet with 1 hour per week for 8 months.
-Learn about research, shadowing and health professional networking opportunities.
-Earn a certificate of completion and change to become a PRIMES intern!
 Apply today for the PRIMES Program!
For more information, visit https://www.primesmentorship.org/ Deadline is December 21, 2020 at 5 pm ET
Submit your application today:   https://www.primesmentorship.org/mim

Summer Health Professions Education Program Sponsored by the Association of American Medical Colleges
Eligibility:  Currently enrolled freshman and sophomores in college http://www.shpep.org/ Deadline February 5, 2021 at 11:59 pm