PREMEDINFO-L Archives

November 2020, Week 2

From:
Kemile A Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 2020 14:35:39 +0000
< MCAT Prep from Mentoring in Medicine > RSVP at mcatmim.eventbrite.com

Do you know any students who are interested in studying for the MCAT? Mentoring in Medicine presents a 4-Week MCAT Fundamentals on Biology and Biochemistry with student-led study groups that utilize practice passages to increase their MCAT scores. The start date is Monday, November 16. You can learn more at mcatmim.eventbrite.com. Please follow us on https://www.instagram.com/mimxmcat/

Mentoring in Medicine, Inc. (MIM) is a youth development nonprofit with a focus on health sciences based in the Bronx, NY with national activities. Since 2006, we have helped over 500 students reach their goal of becoming a healthcare professional through year round school based programs (after school, elective, camps), community events, work based learning experiences (field trips and internships) and medical school preparatory boot camps (college/post-baccalaureate students).

The following video on FOX News provides an overview of our work:
https://www.foxnews.com/health/non-profit-offers-mentorship-to-minority-students-dreaming-of-medical-careers

Thanks in advance for sharing our material.

< Biomedical Research Internship >

Application: https://forms.gle/frShTMdPF79jXuVd8

Location: Bronx, New York

Duration: March 1, 2021 to March 1, 2022

Compensation: $15 per hour (full-time or part-time)

Duties and Responsibilities:
> Prepare findings and update databases to include newfound information,
> and create a summary of that analysis to pass on to the project
> director Assist other researchers with various tasks, including data
> entry, sample care and storage, field research, statistical analysis
> and presentation preparation Verify numerical data in both digital and
> written form, ensuring that any errors that may occur during
> transcription are eliminated Create research summaries in multiple formats, including spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, graphs and standard, written summaries Ensure lab cleanliness and safety by maintaining equipment and technician attire, and keeping all samples properly labeled and stored Handle necessary administrative paperwork and other documentation needed for project validation and research quality control Perform internet searches to gather relevant information, and record any findings in a manner pursuant to facility protocol.

Qualifications:
Must be a woman or member of an underrepresented minority group or individual with a disability or from a disadvantaged background.
Must be a U.S. citizen or lawfully admitted non-citizen nationals to the United States Attended a high school or college in the United States

Background Checks: Background, criminal history and drug screen

Application: https://forms.gle/frShTMdPF79jXuVd8