PREMEDINFO-L Archives

March 2008, Week 1

From:
"L.Wood-Hill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L.Wood-Hill
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2008 17:11:06 -0500

I would like to remind you that we are now accepting
applications for our Spring 2008 Internship Program which will be held
Tuesday, May 27 to Saturday, June 7 at the SUNY State College of Optometry.

The Deadline for submission of applications is Monday, May 5, 2008. Please
have your students submit them and required documents (most current
transcript) by that date. If a student participates in any NY State
Education Department funded program (listed on the application), financial
documents are not required. When referring your students, please keep in
mind that preference is given to Sophomores and Juniors of African
American, Latino, and Native American backgrounds. Economically
disadvantaged students may also apply and must submit financial documents.
We prefer students with the potential to succeed and who have or will be
undertaking a science and/or technical pre-professional program of study.

Only NY State residents who are full-time undergraduate students are
eligible to apply. Students will receive a stipend of + $ 15 per day to
defray transportation and lunch costs. Please note that we are not
responsible for providing housing, but might be able to help a student
secure a living arrangement for the duration of the internship.

Please visit our website to view the CSTEP brochure and download an
application (also ATTACHED):

[Link] http://www.sunyopt.edu/prospective/cstep.shtml

I look forward to receiving your students' applications. Best wishes for a
successful spring semester!

Sincerely,

Carlos A. Restrepo
CSTEP Coordinator
SUNY State College of Optometry
33 West 42nd Street
New York, NY 10036

Phone  212-938-5505
    Fax  212-938-5504

If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".