PREMEDINFO-L Archives

January 2012, Week 1

From:
Kelly Gentry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2012 14:46:39 -0500
Dear Juniors,
Happy New Year! Hope you enjoyed your break and are ready to resume your pre-health activities with excitement and energy.
Weill Cornell Medical College has an excellent program for students who are committed to helping medically underserved populations. If you come from a medically underserved background, or have participated in activities that demonstrate your commitment to helping the medically underserved, I urge you strongly to apply to this great program.  http://www.med.cornell.edu/education/programs/tra_sum_res.html

The deadline for applications is February 1, 2012. You will need a letter from a pre-health advisor.  If you’d like our office to write you a letter, please email me at [log in to unmask] ASAP. There are many other students who are applying to similar programs for whom we are preparing recommendations. With an upcoming deadline that is but a few weeks away, please let me know IMMEDIATELY if you will be applying and will need a letter. Again, the focus of this program is on learning about health disparities in underserved populations, so please read the information on Weill Cornell website carefully to make sure this is something to which you should/ would like to apply.

Thank you and email me with a letter request just as soon as you decide.
Wishing you all a very productive new year!

Cathy Jalali, MEd
Pre-health Advisor
Hunter College, East 818