PREMEDINFO-L Archives

October 2011, Week 4

From:
Kelly Gentry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2011 09:07:40 -0400
Dear Pre-Health Students,

Our colleagues at health professional schools have asked us to identify students who will benefit from structured programs offered for students who are:  1) U.S. citizens or permanent residents; 2) have freshman or sophomore standing; 3) have taken at least one semester of math or science courses and identify with at least one of the following prompts:

A)	Member of populations underrepresented in health professions (African American, Latino, Native American,…)
B)	Educationally disadvantaged students [this means being a first generation college student (your mother and father did NOT attend college) or having gone to high schools that did not offer adequate educational resources]
C)	Economically disadvantaged students [ this means receiving NEED-Based financial aid or having worked before/during college  to support yourself/family members]

If you believe you meet 1+2+3 and at least one of A-C, please contact me at [log in to unmask] to discuss preparing your applications for available programs.

Happy Wednesday!
Cathy Jalali, MEd