PREMEDINFO-L Archives

February 2011, Week 2

From:
Kelly Gentry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2011 13:50:00 -0500
We have extended the deadline for the Committee Letter Application to March 15th!

For students requesting a committee letter for Spring or Fall 2011:

By the end of the semester in which you request a committee letter you must have completed 30 credits in math and science at Hunter. The 30 credits must include 4 laboratory courses.

OR

You must be in your 6th lecture and 5th lab at Hunter College during the semester you are requesting the committee letter.

We cannot do file checks during walk-in hours since not all of the documents in your file are available to Dr. Phillips or Kelly, while they are meeting with you.
Continue to use the electronic File Check Request form.

Please note that while there is a minimum of 10 course evaluations required, the committee will take into account multiple courses with one instructor, and other extenuating circumstances while reviewing your file. The number of evaluations will be considered in context with all the other items in your file. The goal is to have enough information in a file for a committee member to write a thorough, accurate, and comprehensive letter. This requirement not only helps the committee but benefits the student.

After March 15th the Pre-Health Professions office will begin reviewing committee letter applications and will notify students who need to make additions to their files.

Students will be assigned to a Committee Member no later than April 15th. We will e-mail you with your assignment.

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT COMMITTEE LETTER REQUIREMENTS ATTEND ONE OF OUR WORKSHOPS:
WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 16 1:30-2:30 IN 1403 NORTH
OR
TUESDAY FEBRUARY 22 5-6 IN 819 EAST