PREMEDINFO-L Archives

March 2011, Week 3

From:
Kelly Gentry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 2011 10:01:45 -0400
Einstein Community Health Outreach (ECHO) is recruiting summer volunteers for 2011.

Located in the South Bronx, ECHO is the first student-organized clinic in the New York metropolitan area, serving patients from the five Boroughs and parts of Westchester County. Our mission is to provide free primary care for people who lack health insurance or cannot afford insurance and healthcare. Run by the medical students of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, ECHO provides routine medical exams, social services, and counseling, as well as
referral services to physicians associated with the Institute for Urban Family Health (IUFH), Montefiore Hospital (Einstein affiliate), and Lincoln Hospital.

During the school year, ECHO is recruiting pre-medical and pre-health students on the administrative side. Your work includes patient registration, health education, translation, research, and clinical shadowing.

Our Saturdays begin when we meet at the clinic at 8:15. We open at 8:30 a.m. and register patients until noon. The day’s work is generally completed by 3p.m. or 4 p.m. depending on the number of volunteers and the volume of patients.

If you are interested in volunteering at ECHO during Summer 2011, please complete the online application at: http://tinyurl.com/ECHOPremed2011 and complete the attached health forms.
Your health forms MUST be completed and returned with your application in order to be considered (this includes a blood test/titer showing immunity to MMR and Varicella, a PPD test, and proof of tetanus immunization). You are not required to receive Hepatitis B vaccination or titers. In addition, please include a passport-sized photo with your application.

Please visit our website http://www.einstein.yu.edu/echo to learn more about us.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at [log in to unmask] or email Sarp Aksel, the Project Director at [log in to unmask]

Best Regards,
Katharine Tam