PREMEDINFO-L Archives

July 2012, Week 3

From:
Kelly Gentry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2012 12:59:57 -0400
If you have not yet received your bachelor's degree, you do not qualify for this position. Please do not apply.
Please use the contact information provided, do not contact the Pre-Health Office. We are not involved with hiring for this position.

Chronic Pain Management Doctor’s Assistant Positions

Our Brooklyn Heights medical practice is seeking a mature and enthusiastic team player for a doctor’s assistant position in a very busy pain management practice.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who would like to gain practical experience in a medical setting and is planning to take 1-2 years off while applying to medical school.  Most of our former assistants have gone on to medical school.

 Job Description:
In this full-time job, you will work intimately with the doctor and patients.  You will conduct patient interviews and assist the doctor in minor procedures (primarily spinal injections).  As an assistant, you will also function as a liaison between the doctor, patients, and outside healthcare professionals.   Other responsibilities include composing and editing evaluation reports and various letters to physicians on behalf of the doctor, as well as learning about running a private medical practice.

You will be joining a team of four assistants and three office staff members.
Health insurance benefits will be provided.

Candidacy:
A bachelor’s degree and the completion of premedical coursework or completion of a post-baccalaureate premedical program is required prior to beginning position.
Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) are required.
Excellency in typing is required.
You must demonstrate the ability to learn how to use an electronic health records website quickly and efficiently.

How to Apply:
Send a copy of your resume/CV in the body of an email (i.e. not as an attachment), and include a brief letter expressing your interest and why you are the most appropriate candidate for this position to the following address:  [log in to unmask]

We will conduct interviews for this position at our office in Brooklyn Heights, NY.