PREMEDINFO-L Archives

December 2012, Week 2

From:
Taryn Weinstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2012 14:47:28 -0500
PLEASE USE THE CONTACT INFORMATION PROVIDED BELOW. DO NOT "REPLY" TO THIS E-MAIL.

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS BE PROFESSIONAL WHEN SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS OR MAKING EMAIL INQUIRIES

We are emailing you to alert you of exciting opportunities at Bellevue Hospital in New York City.

Our summer program, Project Healthcare, exposes pre-health students to a variety of clinical specialities and clinical research. Participants rotate through different areas of the hospital, including the Emergency Department, Psychiatric Emergency Department, Pediatric Emergency Department, Operating Room, Recovery Room, Cardiac Catherization Lab, and more. Additional opportunities include observing autopsies at the Chief Medical Examiner's Office and riding on FDNY ambulances. Throughout the summer participants also work on a research study and conclude with group work, which includes presenting their data and writing a collaborative research paper.

The application for PHC recently opened on our website and will remain open until February 10th. To apply applicants must submit a personal statement, CV, two letters of recommendation, and the online application form at the below link. Late submissions will not be accepted.

http://emergency.med.nyu.edu/education/undergraduates/project-healthcare?CSRT=14618625744038877989&CSRT=7079980909956095580

In addition to PHC, we are also currently accepting applications for our Research Associate (RA) Internship.

The RA internship requires a nine to twelve month commitment and features clinical research shifts in the Emergency Department. RAs can also assist with data entry, data analysis, and paper writing. Applicants can find the application and additional information at the below link:

http://emergency.med.nyu.edu/education/undergraduates/research-internship?CSRT=7079980909956095580

Please do not hesitate to email me if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Ada Rubin
Research Coordinator
Bellevue Hospital