PREMEDINFO-L Archives

July 2009, Week 4

From:
"L.Wood-Hill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L.Wood-Hill
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 2009 12:29:54 -0400
FYI.

Subject: J.P. Morgan Leaders Undergraduate Scholarship

FYI!

2010 Launching Leaders Scholarship Program-090037890

Description

2010 Launching Leaders Scholarship Program

The J.P. Morgan Launching Leaders Undergraduate Scholarship is a program
that includes internship opportunities, as well as scholarships of up to
$10,000 a year. It gives talented Black, Hispanic and Native American
students the chance to fulfill their career ambitions while carving out an
outstanding career with one of the world's leading innovators in banking and
business. The Scholarship is for sophomores from all majors who are
interested in financial services and have a minimum 3.5 GPA.

If awarded the Scholarship, you automatically receive an offer for a Summer
Analyst position in one of our three internship programs: Investment
Banking, Sales and Trading, or Research. You'll also receive a monetary
award (amount depends on your college year). Sophomores receive $5,000, and
returning juniors receive up to $10,000-money that goes directly to you. Do
well, maintain a 3.5 GPA and you can win a second year of the scholarship
and a returning internship in one of our summer investment bank programs.

About Our Summer Analyst Programs
We offer 9-week Summer Analyst internship programs in Investment Banking,
Sales & Trading and Research. Our top-ranked internships are known for their
high quality of work. You'll share many of the same responsibilities as our
full-time Analysts and you'll be paid a competitive entry-level salary.
Following orientation, you will receive on-the-job training and networking
opportunities while managing analyst responsibilities during your
internship.

Investment Banking
As an Investment Banking Summer Analyst, you'll be placed into one of these
three areas: industry groups, capital markets or advisory products.
Whichever team you join, you can expect exposure to senior clients and major
deals. As an Analyst, your responsibilities may include:

   * Performing financial valuation, discounted cash flow and
multiples-based analyses
   * Building and using financial models
   * Preparing presentation materials and participating in deal pitches
   * Conducting industry and product research
   * Executing client transactions from start to finish

Sales & Trading
As a Sales & Trading Summer Analyst, you'll work with top professionals as
they advise and facilitate transactions with institutional clients. You'll
learn about various markets and products through interactive simulations and
by working alongside salespeople and traders. You will be placed in one of
the following areas:

   * Sales
   * Trading
   * Structuring
   * Markets Research

Research
In Research, you will gain hands-on experience in the financial markets and
learn from outstanding colleagues. Practical exposure to the markets will
give you a disciplined approach to producing reports that assess the
investment merits of first-time and existing issuers, analyzing alternative
investment products, providing ongoing assessments of fundamental trends in
an industry or product and identifying investment opportunities in the
secondary markets. You will be placed into either our Equity Research or
Credit Research group.

Timeline and Application Process
Deadline for Essay and Resume Submission: October 15, 2009:

1) Complete a JobConnect profile in full
2) Submit your résumé and transcript via our career website
3) Answer the following questions; attach both essays to the " résumé "
portion of your JobConnect profile:

   * Essay 1 - The financial services industry provides unique opportunities
and challenges. Describe why you're interested in and how you are preparing
for a career in financial services, and why you'd like to launch your career
at J.P. Morgan's Investment Bank. (Max. 500 words)
   * Essay 2 - The range of your academic interests, personal perspectives,
and life experiences adds to the impact you can individually make on your
school and work environments. Describe what special background and
attributes distinguish you as a leader who can contribute to diversity at
J.P. Morgan. (Max. 500 words)

Application Status Notification: December 1, 2009:
You will receive an email notifying you of your status in the application
process. If selected to move forward, we will provide you with detailed
instructions regarding the next application steps.

Scholarship Award Notification: January 1, 2010:
Interviews will have concluded and Scholarship recipients will be notified
of their status.

Qualifications

The J.P. Morgan Launching Leaders Undergraduate Scholarship is open to
Black, Hispanic and Native American students in their sophomore year who
attend college/university in the U.S. We are accepting applications from
students in any major; however, a 3.5 minimum GPA is required in order to be
considered for this scholarship.

Apply Online: www.jpmorganchase.com/careers

If you wish to unsubscribe from the HUNTERBMI-L List, please send an E-mail
to:
"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only
write the following:"SIGNOFF HUNTERBMI-L".

If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".