PREMEDINFO-L Archives

July 2014, Week 3

From:
Kemile Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2014 16:36:00 -0400
Internship Opportunity
Asian American Community Health Needs and Resource Assessments
The mission of the New York University Center for the Study of Asian American Health (CSAAH) is to reduce health disparities in the Asian American community through research, training and partnership. We are looking for bright, motivated individuals to help us conduct community assessments to better understand the health needs of and resources available to Asian American sub-groups in New York City.
Intern Responsibilities:
• Participate in an intern training and complete 180 hours during the semester
• Keep a timesheet and report to site supervisor
• Research the health needs of immigrant communities in NYC
• Perform data collection and entry
• Attend outreach and screening events (may include some weekends and evening hours)
• Recruit participants
• Administer community-based surveys and focus groups
• Assist in the translation of documents
Intern Qualifications:
• Excellent organizational, presentation, and writing skills
• A background in public health or community-based participatory research
• Familiarity with minority and immigrant communities in NYC
• Commitment to working in underserved communities
• Bilingual in at least one of the following languages: Vietnamese, Cambodian, Arabic
To apply for this opportunity, please submit the following items:
1. Completed application (available at http://asian-health.med.nyu.edu/education-training/csaah-student-internships)
2. Resume
3. Cover letter
Items can be sent by email to:
Smiti Kapadia Nadkarni
Email: [log in to unmask]
For more information about our work, please visit our website:
http://asian-health.med.nyu.edu/